You might be surprised to know that Troyce and Joe are slightly obsessed with finding a perfectly crafted burger. In fact, they’ve driven 60 miles to try a new place and return to Frederick that same day! Their enthusiasm has rubbed off on the team. This led to taste tests, excursions, a few fist fights (kidding), and ultimately a vote on who has the best burger in Frederick. Have you tried these bangin’ burgers?
Our Top 5 Picks for Best Burgers in Frederick
There’s a lot that goes into finding the right burger besides the patty. Toppings that range from your standard American cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion, to creative combinations like sharp cheddar, BBQ sauce, and crispy onion rings that offer a taste variety for the burger connoisseur.
In no particular order, here are our favorite burgers in Frederick. You know, the ones that makes you say, “My goodness, it’s good to be alive!”
- Chili Burger, Wags: It’s easy to miss this restaurant on Market Street due to its underground location but don’t be fooled. Wags has some great food. This burger is topped with homemade chili—which is delicious on its own, but we’re here for the burgers. Our recommendation? Add cheese and savor every bite.
- Double Stack, White Rabbit: When one patty isn’t enough. Enjoy this burger with your typical toppings (American cheese, LTM, and pickles) or get it animal style. What does that mean? Loaded with caramelized onions + their take on 1000-Island dressing. (Side note: they have really good homemade sauces.) You’ll be devouring it like, well, an animal.
- Maryland Burger, The Main Cup: If you’ve ever stared at a menu and wondered if you should choose crab or a burger, this is your ideal dish! The Maryland Burger at Main Cup is topped with crab imperial made in-house. It’s a bonus for your taste buds when some of that crab falls into your fries.
- The Dude Burger, Surf House: The burgers at Surf House are a 1/2 lb blend of brisket, short rib, and chuck, making the patty quite tasty on its own. Add the traditional toppings and both provolone AND American cheese…you have a smash hit!
- Irish Bacon Cheese Burger, Bushwallers: You know that happy tingly feeling in your stomach when you first make eye contact with your crush? That’s also the feeling when you get when you stare at the Irish Bacon Cheese Burger. Toppings include Kerrygold cheddar cheese, Irish bacon (basically Dublin the size of regular bacon), pickled onions, lettuce, tomato, and 1,000 Island dressing. Eat slowly and enjoy with a pint!
Make sure you vote for your favorite by commenting on our Facebook post! If you have another place to add to the mix, we’d love to hear it.
Coming in June! Our Platinum Club Members will be given the opportunity to try our team’s favorite burger joints on us. We can’t wait to hear who they select as Frederick’s top pick.
We know Frederick and we love it here. If you’re looking to buy or sell your home, reach out to us!