Are you treating your sweetheart to dinner on Valentine’s Day? If your reservation is later in the evening, consider heading out early to enjoy drinks at another location before your meal. You’ll get to experience more of Frederick and maximize the babysitter for the night! Here are a few places with a romantic ambiance that we love.
- Hootch & Banter: It doesn’t get much better than having a one-of-a-kind cocktail in an atmosphere where you can actually hear the conversation. They recently opened their lounge on the second floor, which provides soft lighting and more bar space. Perfect for catching up with your partner.
- Dutch’s Daughter: Downtown Frederick isn’t the only place with great pre-dinner drink options. Dutch’s Daughter, located on Himes Avenue, offers a long list of soups and appetizers that will keep you satisfied until your dinner reservation. Their cream of crab soup is definitely worth ordering.
- White Rabbit Gastropub: With two bars and vegetarian-friendly food options, White Rabbit is a great place to go if you are unsure of your date’s diet or drink preference. Take a minute to touch the wallpaper on the second floor and snap a few selfies. After all, red is the color of love!
- Barley & Hops: Another option for the folks who don’t want to head into downtown, Barley & Hops offers an incredible craft beer selection and appetizers. Order a flight and discuss the complexities of each brew…or just sip and enjoy! Either way, Barley & Hops is a great place to take someone you just met or that special person you’ve known for a while.
- Jojo’s Restaurant & Taphouse: No list would be complete without mentioning our favorite place! The large bar area means that it’s likely you’ll find seating or standing room even on a busy night like Valentine’s Day. There are no bad decisions when it comes to ordering here. (Only bad dates!)
When writing this list, we tried to think of places that have enough space to accommodate you for drinks without a reservation. But we can’t predict the future – so please call ahead to double-check. There are plenty of other fantastic options in Frederick! We’re lucky to live in an area with a seemingly endless list of incredible local restaurants.
Happy Valentine’s Day!